Diversity and inclusion training
“Diversity is when different people are invited to a party. Managing diversity and the way in which they are asked to dance, by whom and what dance it is. And the inclusion is when everyone is having a good time”.
The training explores diversity and inclusion in the workplace on many levels: How we define diversity and inclusion; the benefits and power of inclusivity; how to incorporate a diversity mindset into organizational culture; and how to relate and communicate in a more collaborative and respectful way with everyone you interact with. Diversity and inclusion training aims understand how people with different backgrounds, cultures, ages, races, genders, sexuality, religions, physical conditions, and beliefs can best work together harmoniously.
This program is for managers, leaders, HR staff, team members that consciously want to manage the potential of differences, promote equal opportunities, and recognize the possibility of increasing the organization's productivity, innovation, and profitability.
Objectives of the training
- to learn to think holistically about diversity in an organization
- to identify the primary sources of diversity in an organization, the stereotypes that make it challenging to work with diverse groups
- to understand the importance of diversity at work, which will allow them to create a diversity management strategy
- to create strategies and practices embracing diversity and promoting inclusive workplace
- Participants will gain skills that will help them manage and work in a diverse environment
- Participants will be able to prevent conflicts in a diverse team and develop effective communication, feedback, and motivation of employees.
- Participants will learn about the sources of diversity and identify the purpose of collaboration and communication in diverse teams
- Participants will be able to identify the unique characteristics of their co-workers, communicate, and work effectively in diverse teams or projects.
The methodology of the training
The training has a practical and interactive character. Participants will be involved in designing initiatives and strategies promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace during individual and group exercises. Participants will also experience diversity during the training through short experimental activities.
The programme of the training
Module 1. DEIB — diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- DEIB — distinguishing between diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- The essence of DEIB — attributes, traits and unique characteristics — Qualities of a diversity and inclusion task force. Roles and responsibilities of D&I Officer
- Diversity and Inclusion around the World
- Effective communication, feedback, and motivation of employees in diverse teams.
Module 2. Managing diversity
- Approaches to diversity management
- Designing an audit on diversity in your organization
- Creating a strategic plan for D&I initiatives
Module 3. Fostering diversity and creating inclusive workplace
- Identifying what employees want from a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Identifying characteristics of inclusive leaders
- Designing a program for leaders and employees that support inclusive cultures.
- Strategies of embracing inclusive workplaces
- Developing a habit of inclusivity: creating diversity and inclusive initiatives for your organization; promoting diversity and inclusion through communication
- the training can be conducted on-line or on-site
- you will receive training materials
- you will receive a training completion certificate
- online consultations with the trainers up to 2 weeks after the training
- training takes place between 9:00 and 17:00 CET