Conflict and dialogue management in multinational teams
The training provides knowledge and develop competencies about the nature of conflicts and its understanding.
During the training we will show that not eliminating but transforming conflict, changing the way we deal with the differences that divide us is a key competence in teamwork.
- managers managing teams in multinational corporations
- managers working as entrepreneurs in their own business
- leaders or coordinators of multinational project
- HR staff
Objectives of the training
- understanding the nature of conflict, its structure and dynamics of development
- recognising the mechanisms underlying conflict
- identifying open and hidden sources of conflict and prevent them from developing,
- perceiving conflict at an early stage in order to choose an appropriate strategy
- recognising different strategies of conflict solving
- understanding basic behaviour in conflict situation
- developing relations with colleagues based on constructive dialogue learning practical methods and techniques of conflict solving
- skill of building own strategy of managing conflict in concrete situation
- skill of managing conflict in the situation of its occurrence
Participants will have practical knowledge of interpersonal and group conflicts and ability to apply methods of conflict resolution in groups.
The result of the training participants will be building a portfolio of own strategies and tools of dealing with conflict situation by using techniques of exerting influence and communication based on dialogue.
The participants will receive feedback from the trainer on their style of reacting in conflict, thanks to which they will build a plan of work on changing some of their behaviours.
The methodology of the training
The training has a practical and interactive character. In the workshop part of the training, participants will practice conducting dialogues in conflict situations, which lead to agreements and allow to maintain good relations between conflicting parties.
The training is based on concrete examples of conflict situations from the training participants' work environment.
The programme of the training
Module 1. The nature of conflict
- Psychological, social and organizational determinants of conflict situation
- Understanding the nature of conflict
- The dynamics of conflict development
- Types and forms of conflict (positive and negative conflict)
- Phenomena accompanying conflicts — aggression, prejudices, stereotypes
- Conflict management as a modern core competency (revolution of approach to conflicts)
Module 2. Ways of conflict resolution
- Self-diagnosis of own style of behaviour in conflict situation
- Influence techniques allowing to build own coping strategies
- Building principled conflict solving strategies (people, interests, possible solutions, criteria)
- Conflict solving strategies according to Thomas-Kilmann
- Practical training of adjusting strategy of action to conflict situation
Module 3. Constructive dialogue and interpersonal behaviour in conflict
- The role of emotional intelligence in managing communication in conflict situation
- Communication mistakes leading to conflict (practical exercises of formulating right messages)
- Using transactional analysis in formulating messages; recognising moments of entering into specific communication positions and ability to change communication position (training in entering into "adult" position)
- Forming relations with co-workers based on clear communication
- Recognising needs of persons on different sides in conflict situation
Module 4. Conflict management
- Factors of conflict recognition
- Managing non-verbal communication in conflict
- Managing emotions in conflict
- The role of personality and self-evaluation in conflict management
- Choosing action strategies to suit the specifics of a conflict situation
- Coping with conflict situations (e.g. avoiding, giving up, seeking support, fighting)
- Transforming conflicts and changing the way we deal with the differences that divide us
- the training can be conducted on-line or on-site
- you will receive training materials
- you will receive a training completion certificate
- online consultations with the trainers up to 2 weeks after the training
- training takes place between 9:00 and 17:00 CET